Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6][RFC] kvmppc: paravirtualization interface

From: Tony Breeds <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:08:36 +1000

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:17:31AM +0200, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:

> The aim is not really fixed. It would be nice to get into 2.6.27, but 
> since I can't yet expect how long it takes ...

Ahh okay, Id say given that we're 2/3rds through the merge window then
2.8.28 is a safer target.
 
> Actually the guest patches would already go through reviews and 
> upstream, due to the fact that the guest code changes are not that (the 
> major part of the implementation will go over kvmppc -> kvm upstream).
> But since I want to discuss about the standardization on the embedded 
> hypervisor list first, the naming of the device tree entries are not 
> fixed yet.

Okay.  When that's done we can take another look at them.

> Therefor I can't yet define which kernel version merge window I'll 
> target/reach.
> 
> btw - embedded hypervisor - I got advised that this is a closed list 
> which I forgot.

... snipped from this reply

Yours Tony

  linux.conf.au    http://www.marchsouth.org/
  Jan 19 - 24 2009 The Australian Linux Technical Conference!