Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/lpar - defer prefered console setup

From: Bastian Blank <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:23:13 +0200

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:34:51PM +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 20:56 +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
>  * add_preferred_console - add a device to the list of preferred consoles.
>  ...
>  * The last preferred console added will be used for kernel messages
>  * and stdin/out/err for init. 
> 
> The last console will be added by the console= parsing, and so that will
> be used. The console we add in the pseries setup is only used if nothing
> is specified on the command line.

Okay, then there is a completely different problem. In the case of
"console=hvc0 console=hvc1" it uses the _first_ add stdin/out bla and
ignores the second one completely.

Bastian

-- 
Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
		-- Klingon Soldier, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown