Subject: [RFC][PATCH 0/8] kexec/kdump support for ppc32

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 18:13:06 +0400

Hi all,

I refreshed some Dale Farnsworth's kexec/kdump patches[1] against
the latest kernel, and here they are.

There is a difference though. Dale's patches were using
kmap_atomic_pfn() to map oldmem memory, while for this patches
I took PPC64 approach to use ioremap(). This is done to be able
to support kdump on !HIGHMEM kernels.

Also, please take a special look into 8/8 patch, there is a hunk
marked with "XXX:", which I don't quite understand for PPC64 case
(this hunk also persist in the original Dale's patch, and w/o it
the capturing kernel doesn't boot on ppc32).

I'll try to refresh BookE support as soon as I'll find some BookE
board.

The patchset includes:

- Kexec support

  [PATCH 1/8] powerpc: set up OF properties for ppc32 kexec
  [PATCH 2/8] powerpc: make default kexec/crash_kernel ops implicit
  [PATCH 3/8] powerpc: remove default kexec/crash_kernel ops assignments

  2/8 and 3/8 patches are used to avoid adding lots of default ops
  to the board files.

- Kdump support

  [PATCH 4/8] powerpc: add the ability for a classic ppc kernel to be loaded at 32M
  [PATCH 5/8] powerpc: allow to ioremap RAM addresses for kdump kernel on ppc32
  [PATCH 6/8] powerpc: set up OF properties for ppc32 kdump
  [PATCH 7/8] powerpc: implement crash_setup_regs for ppc32
  [PATCH 8/8] powerpc: last bits to support kdump on ppc32

[1] http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-November/046739.html

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2