Subject: Big include file move breaks user mode

From: Sean MacLennan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 12:09:16 -0400

Almost all of the includes in include/asm-powerpc where moved to
arch/powerpc/include/asm. This is breaking almost all of my user mode
code... so I assume I am doing something very wrong.

Here is a simple program that flushes stdout for no apparent reason ;)

#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	ioctl(1, TCFLSH, 1);
	return 0;
}

This builds and runs fine under x86 and ppc before the include file
move. After the move, the compile fails because gcc can't find
asm/ioctls.h which is needed by /usr/include/bits/ioctls.h (let's
ignore the cross-compile path for now).

The other big one I am hitting is that /usr/include/bits/errno.h
includes linux/errno.h which includes asm/errno.h which no longer
exists.

Anybody know how to fix this? I am using the DENX 4.1 toolchain if that
helps. Also, if there is a better place to post this, let me know. I
posted here since it only affects powerpc cross compiles... x86 still
has all the includes in "the right place".

Should include/asm be a link to arch/powerpc/include/asm?

Cheers,
   Sean