Subject: Re: [PATCH]: [MPC5200] Add ATA DMA support

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:11:35 -0600

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 07:06:27AM +0100, Tim Yamin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:02 AM, Grant Likely <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > While on this topic; have you had a chance to address the comments you
> > received on v2 of your patch?  I'm keen to get your change merged in,
> > but there are a few more things that need to be sorted out.
> 
> I'm still trying to determine whether the locking stuff is needed or
> not. I think ultimately it might be a bug caused by hardware problems
> at this end as opposed to silicon problems affecting everybody, but I
> won't have an answer regarding this for a while because new hardware
> needs to be prototyped to test out this theory.
> 
> I think the patch can probably be resubmitted with the locking stuff
> removed, and the driver can be marked as experimental for everybody to
> try out: if people experience any corruption problems I'm sure they
> can speak up :-)
> 
> Any objections?

Sounds good to me.  You will get more testers that way.  I can pick it
up for -next if everything else looks good.

g.