Subject: Re: AMCC PPC460EX Canyonlands Hardwired interrupt

From: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:00:27 +0200

On Tuesday 26 August 2008, Henry Bausley wrote:
> How do I go about using one of the gpio pins for my own interrupt with the
> Canyonlands board.  Previously I used a yosemite (ppc) board and modified
> the yosemite.c file so that IRQ0 and IRQ1 were edge sensitive and and stole
> the ETH0/1 phy hardware interrupts for my own purposes and everything
> worked.
>
> I am trying to do the same with the Canyonlands (powerpc) board.but cannot
> seem to enable the interrupt.

arch/powerpc now uses virtual interrupts instead of the physical interrupts 
used in arch/ppc. So you can't just use the physical interrupt number in your 
request_irq() anymore. You need an of-platform driver to generate the virtual 
interrupt from the physical interrupt in the device-tree 
(irq_of_parse_and_map()). And you need to add this new node with the 
interrupt property to your device-tree of course.

Best regards,
Stefan