Subject: Re: Call Trace and scary messages on kernel 2.6.27-rc5

From: Rogério Brito <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 02:34:27 -0300

Thanks to both Mark and Heiko.

On Sep 09 2008, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 21:47:29 -0300 Rogério Brito <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I just compiled a new 2.6.27-rc5 kernel for my standard Kurobox (an
> > embedded NAS that has an MPC8241 CPU, if I'm not mistaken) and upon
> > booting, I get these scary messages and Call Traces:
> 
> This is a known problem.
> 
> Check patch bb23b431db7405f6d79f989ad0236bf6428ba1cb in Linus' tree, it
> should correct the traces you see.

I just downloaded the 2.6.27-rc6 kernel that was updated today and I
recompiled things and everything went fine regarding the MTD device.

Thank you very much for the informative messages.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

-- 
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{mackenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito : http://meusite.mackenzie.com.br/rbrito
Projects: algorithms.berlios.de : lame.sf.net : vrms.alioth.debian.org