Subject: Re: AMCC 440 SPI question

From: Stefan Roese <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:50:28 +0200

On Tuesday 23 September 2008, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:38:05AM -0400, Steven A. Falco wrote:
> >The yosemite.dts has the following entry, which leads me to believe
> >that there is SPI support.  I'd like to do something similar for a
> >Sequoia board, but looking in Josh's "next" branch, I don't see any
> >driver that would recognize the spi-440ep string.  So my question is,
> >is there a SPI driver for the PPC440, that is .dts aware?
>
> There is no mainline driver, no.  There might be one in the DENX kernel
> tree.

Correct. There is one in the "t1000-denx" branch of our linux-2.6-denx 
repository. But it's not ready for upstream merge yet. I already started 
cleaning up the driver and extracting the GPIO stuff into a 4xx GPIOLIB 
implementation. Hopefully I'll find the time to finish this and push the 4xx 
SPI & GPIOLIB stuff in the next 2-3 weeks.

Best regards,
Stefan

=====================================================================
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: [email-masked]
=====================================================================