Subject: Re: mpc52xx_uart and rs485

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:11:21 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 08:20:16AM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:

> > Hi Wolfgang and others, 
> > below is patch for mpc52xx_usrt.c which add software rs485 support to 
> > this driver.
> > It has worked for me and if you think it is good enough it might be 
> > useful for someone else.
> 
> Thanks for the patch.  I've made a number of comments below and it
> appears that your mail client has damaged the patch.  Can you please
> respin after addressing the comments.  When you repost, please include a
> technical description of what you have done and why.

And please add linux-serial as cc then. I recently read some criticism
about software RS485 (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.serial/2573).
I don't know if these apply to this patch, but it would be nice to have
it sorted out IMHO.

All the best,

   Wolfram

-- 
  Dipl.-Ing. Wolfram Sang | http://www.pengutronix.de
 Pengutronix - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry