Subject: [PATCH] powerpc: compile kernel for linkstations optimized for size

From: Rogério Brito <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 01:07:03 -0300

From: Rogério Brito <[email-masked]>

Since Linkstations and Kuroboxes often have *very* little memory (as
they are embedded systems), it is desirable to get their kernels
compiled optimized for size.

Signed-off-by: Rogério Brito <[email-masked]>

---

I have been using kernels optimized for size on my Kurobox (standard)
for many different releases and I have experienced no problem with this
option enabled. Thus, this patch.

--- linux/arch/powerpc/configs/linkstation_defconfig.old	2008-10-13 00:33:00.000000000 -0300
+++ linux/arch/powerpc/configs/linkstation_defconfig	2008-10-13 00:38:58.000000000 -0300
@@ -90,7 +90,7 @@ CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y
 # CONFIG_PID_NS is not set
 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
 CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE=""
-# CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE is not set
+CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE=y
 CONFIG_SYSCTL=y
 # CONFIG_EMBEDDED is not set
 CONFIG_SYSCTL_SYSCALL=y

-- 
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{mackenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito : http://meusite.mackenzie.com.br/rbrito
Projects: algorithms.berlios.de : lame.sf.net : vrms.alioth.debian.org