Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add new framebuffer driver for Fujitsu MB862xx GDCs

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 21:04:55 +0400

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 03:50:52PM +0000, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
> Anatolij Gustschin wrote:
> 
> > This patch adds framebuffer driver for Fujitsu Carmine/Coral-P(A)/Lime
> > graphics controllers. Lime GDC support is known to work on PPC440EPx
> > based lwmon5 and MPC8544E based socrates embedded boards, both equipped
> > with Lime GDC. Carmine/Coral-P PCI GDC support is known to work on
> > PPC440EPx based Sequoia board and also on x86 platform.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Anatolij Gustschin <[email-masked]> ---
> > There are some PPC OF bits, so I'm cc'ing linuxppc-dev list.
> 
> I though there is already carminefb driver.

FWIW, I quite like Anatolij's driver: it has PCI and OF bindings, plus
the patch description states that the driver supports Mint controllers
as well, and I have some hardware that actually needs the support for
Mint GDCs. (Today we just configure the GDC in the firmware and linux
use offb.c driver with static setup, w/o ability to change modes e.t.c.)

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2