Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add new framebuffer driver for Fujitsu MB862xx GDCs

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 19:52:05 -0700

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:25:06 +0200 Anatolij Gustschin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This patch adds framebuffer driver for Fujitsu
> Carmine/Coral-P(A)/Lime graphics controllers.
> Lime GDC support is known to work on PPC440EPx
> based lwmon5 and MPC8544E based socrates embedded
> boards, both equipped with Lime GDC. Carmine/Coral-P
> PCI GDC support is known to work on PPC440EPx based
> Sequoia board and also on x86 platform.

i386 allmodconfig:

drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.h:65:2: error: #error "Select Lime GDC or CoralP/Carmine support, but not both together"
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:549: warning: 'struct of_device' declared inside parameter list
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:549: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c: In function 'of_platform_mb862xx_probe':
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:551: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:552: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:559: error: implicit declaration of function 'of_address_to_resource'
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:574: error: implicit declaration of function 'irq_of_parse_and_map'
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:575: error: 'NO_IRQ' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:575: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:575: error: for each function it appears in.)
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:664: error: implicit declaration of function 'irq_dispose_mapping'
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c: At top level:
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:671: warning: 'struct of_device' declared inside parameter list
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c: In function 'of_platform_mb862xx_remove':
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:673: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:691: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:699: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c: At top level:
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:719: error: variable 'of_platform_mb862xxfb_driver' has initializer but incomplete type
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:720: error: unknown field 'owner' specified in initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:720: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:720: warning: (near initialization for 'of_platform_mb862xxfb_driver')
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:721: error: unknown field 'name' specified in initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:721: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:721: warning: (near initialization for 'of_platform_mb862xxfb_driver')
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:722: error: unknown field 'match_table' specified in initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:722: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:722: warning: (near initialization for 'of_platform_mb862xxfb_driver')
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:723: error: unknown field 'probe' specified in initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:723: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:723: warning: (near initialization for 'of_platform_mb862xxfb_driver')
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:724: error: unknown field 'remove' specified in initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:724: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:724: warning: (near initialization for 'of_platform_mb862xxfb_driver')
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c: In function 'mb862xxfb_init':
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:1038: error: implicit declaration of function 'of_register_platform_driver'
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c: In function 'mb862xxfb_exit':
drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c:1049: error: implicit declaration of function 'of_unregister_platform_driver'