Subject: Re: [PATCH] katmai.dts: extend DMA ranges; add dma/sysace nodes

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:00:01 -0700

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 06:45:33AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:49:14 +0300
> Yuri Tikhonov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > +		sysacecf@4fe000000 {
> > +			compatible = "xlnx,opb-sysace-1.00.b";
> 
> Odd.  This isn't a xilinx board by any means.  This should probably
> look something like:
> 
> 	compatible = "amcc,sysace-440spe", "xlnx,opb-sysace-1.00.b";

Actually, if there is a sysace, it is definitely a xilinx part.  It
won't be on the SoC.  However, compatible = "xlnx,opb-sysace-1.00.b"
isn't really accurate.  It should really be compatible = "xlnx,sysace"
and the driver modified to accept this string.  "xlnx,opb-sysace-1.00.b"
is an FPGA block used to interface to the system ace which is
definitely not in use here.

So while it does get things to work, it is not a clean description of
the hardware.

g.