Subject: [PATCH 0/5] powerpc: dynamic ftrace port

From: Steven Rostedt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:09:48 -0500

Paul and Ingo,

The following are the changes to get dynamic ftrace working on PowerPC.
I modified these a little from the last postings.

 1) I removed the changes to recordmcount.pl.  This is not a PowerPC
    change, although PowerPC needs it for dynamic ftrace. But
    the changes here can go via linux-tip.

 2) I removed the adding of HAVE_DYNAMIC_FTRACE and HAVE_FTRACE_MCOUNT_RECORD.
    Without these config options, this code will not be compiled.
    I have a separate patch that adds them in when the time is right.

Paul, these patches should not harm anything if you decide to pull them
in. As I stated above, without the above config options, they are
not enabled.

There is one exception and that is for the first patch. The first patch
is actually a fix for the irqsoff latency tracer which is already
in mainline for PowerPC.

These patches only touch PowerPC code.

The following patches are in:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/linux-2.6-trace.git

    branch: ppc/ftrace

Steven Rostedt (5):
      powerpc: ftrace, do not latency trace idle
      powerpc: ftrace, convert to new dynamic ftrace arch API
      powerpc: ftrace, use probe_kernel API to modify code
      powerpc/ppc64: ftrace, handle module trampolines for dyn ftrace
      powerpc/ppc32: ftrace, dynamic ftrace to handle modules

----
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ftrace.h |   14 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/module.h |   16 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ftrace.c      |  473 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/idle.c        |    5 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/module_32.c   |   10 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/module_64.c   |   13 +
 6 files changed, 489 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)