Subject: Re: XUPV2P update to kernel 2.6 fails

From: Jan Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:13:48 +0100

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the answers!

Now I don't feel so alone anymore...

I finally got it to work. The problem was simple: I'm using an
uart pcore from openpcores. And this hardware requires some
changes to the ns16550 kernel driver... With those changes,
everything goes well! I'm happy about that.. ;-)

But... since everything seems to work now with EDK 9.1 I try to
use my XUP-board with the EDK 10.1

In EDK 10.1 there is no board definition file for my XUPV2P.
Right now I use the board file from:

  https://wiki.ittc.ku.edu/ittc/Eecs388#Tool_Repository

Now I got even stranger bahaviour than before. When ever I try
to boot into a linux kernel, some arbitrary boot parameters seem
to appear. Like:

	Loading from 0x00004000
	[...]

And after those messages the system hangs. (the real messages
vary from time to time)

I have to say that for the MemoryTestApp there seems to be no
problem.  It runs like a charm..

So now I'm wondering if anyone has a board definition file
usable for the linux kernel on the XUPV2P??

Thanks a lot for any hint!

Kind regards,
Jan

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:05:13 +0100, Joachim Meyer wrote:
> Hi
> 
> I was setting up linux for teh XUP a few month ago. Both, older Kernels (with ppc and xparameters_ml300.h file) and new ones (with powerpc and device-tree) from the Xilinx git server worked fine for me, so yes, it should work.
> For more help you should say, what exactly you are doing, but maybe you have already found your error.
> Cheers,
> Joachim
> ____________________________________________________________________
> Psssst! Schon vom neuen WEB.DE MultiMessenger gehört? 
> Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3123
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Linuxppc-embedded mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-embedded