Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Kexec for PPC32 (6xx) machines

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:22:17 +0300

Hi all,

This is Kexec part of the larger series[1] posted few months ago.
I eliminated Kdump part in this resend (will post it as a separate
entity later).

Milton Miller hinted that current PPC32 Kexec implementation may
not work on SMP hardware. I don't have any multi-core machines
handy to actually try and/or fix it, but support for SMP should be
straightforward: just need to bring the secondary CPUs down before
Kexec'ing (the code is already in the machine_kexec_64.c, just
needs to be factored out).

The arch/powerpc/Kconfig already states that the Kexec support
is experimental and may not work on certain hardware, so I don't
see any reason to add !SMP dependency.

Anyway, the majority of boards are UP and they don't need any fancy
care to work. So let's support them.

[1] http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2008-August/061161.html

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2