Subject: RE: Linux on Memec Virtex4 FX12 Minimodule

From: John Linn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 08:52:33 -0700

Hi Pawel,

Sorry for the delay, I just missed this message.

You should really be building arch/powerpc not arch/ppc as no one is
going to support that.  I realize that's a pain, but arch/ppc has been
dead for about 6 months now.

http://xilinx.wikidot.com <http://xilinx.wikidot.com/>  has a lot more
information about building the kernel from our GIT tree.

You can also post to http://forums.xilinx.com
<http://forums.xilinx.com/>  in the Embedded Linux forum for more Xilinx
specific help.

I don't understand you're problem either, but I would try building 1st
with arch=powerpc and using the ramdisk image that we have on our wiki
to get a good baseline.  You'll need to generate a device tree for your
hardware platform but that's not too hard and is explained on the wiki
also.

Thanks,

John

________________________________

From: linuxppc-dev-bounces+john.linn=[email-masked]
[mailto:linuxppc-dev-bounces+john.linn=[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Pawel P. Kusmierski
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Linux on Memec Virtex4 FX12 Minimodule

This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the named recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information that may be proprietary, privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, or forward this email message or any attachments. Delete this email message and any attachments immediately.