Subject: [RFC PATCH 00/11][v3] md: support for asynchronous execution of RAID6 operations

From: Yuri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 03:42:55 +0300

Hello,

 This is the next attempt on asynchronous RAID-6 support. This patch-set
has the Dan Williams' comments (Dec, 17) addressed with the following
exception:

- I still think that using 'enum dma_ctrl_flags' for PQ-specific 
operations is better than introducing another group of flags and 
enhance the device_prep_dma_pq()/device_prep_dma_pqzero_sum() with one 
more parameter. If unchanged 'enum dma_ctrl_flags' will be a criteria 
of acceptance, please let me know - I'll re-implement this exactly as 
Dan suggested.

 Fearing to look like a spammer, I post only those patches, which had 
been affected by the changes intended to address Dan's comments. These 
are the following five:

0002-async_tx-add-support-for-asynchronous-GF-multiplica.patch
0003-async_tx-add-support-for-asynchronous-RAID6-recover.patch
0004-md-run-RAID-6-stripe-operations-outside-the-lock.patch
0008-md-asynchronous-handle_parity_check6.patch
0011-ppc440spe-adma-ADMA-driver-for-the-PPC440SP-e-syst.patch

 As regarding the other six patches of asynchronous RAID-6 support 
patchset:

0001-async_tx-don-t-use-src_list-argument-of-async_xor.patch
0005-md-common-schedule_reconstruction-for-raid5-6.patch
0006-md-change-handle_stripe_fill6-to-work-in-asynchrono.patch
0007-md-rewrite-handle_stripe_dirtying6-in-asynchronous.patch
0009-md-change-handle_stripe6-to-work-asynchronously.patch
0010-md-remove-unused-functions.patch

 they are the same as in my 09 Dec 2008 post:

 https://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-raid/2008/12/8/4367574

 and are waiting for your comments.

 Regards, Yuri