Subject: Re: 2.6.28-rt on PowerPC

From: Robert Schwebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 00:06:33 +0100

Frank,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 03:21:55PM -0800, Frank Rowand wrote:
> > Thanks! I have not yet had the chance to apply any arch patches yet. I
> > do plan on doing so after getting the code mostly working on x86.
> 
> Your email can at an opportune time for me...  I was starting to try
> 2.6.28-rt on ARM and quickly came to the conclusion that the arch
> patches weren't the focus yet.  But I'm currently side-tracked with
> getting my board to even boot a vanilla 2.6.28 kernel first.  Do
> you expect to get to the arches in the next week or two?  If not,
> I may head down that path for ARM myself.

Uwe has collected some patches for ARM here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/52108/focus=787937

You might want to try them before starting, in order to avoid duplicate
work.

rsc
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           |                             |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |
Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-0    |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686           | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |