Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] powerpc/83xx: Move gianfar mdio nodes under the ethernet nodes

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:43:07 -0500

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 06:28:00PM +0300, Anton Vorontsov wrote:
> It would be great to have #include <gianfar_enet.dts> facility in .dts
> files. ;-) I heard some rumors about this, what was the consequence?..

You can already do a raw include, but in most cases it needs parameterized
templates/macros to make it useful.  There were some patches floating around
for that, but there was some disagreement about syntax and the discussion
seems to have died out.

> [...]
> >> +			ranges;
> > Can this be proper?

It's proper, but a bit lazy. :-)

> > 			ranges = <0x0 0x24520 0x20>;
> 
> Yes, will change.

I'd prefer ranges = <0 0x24000 0x1000>, in case any other sub-blocks come
along in the future.

-Scott