Subject: Re: [PATCH] Quieten arch/powerpc in a allmodconfig build.

From: Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:47:36 -0500

Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 15:51 +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 03:08:55PM +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> > 
> > > The getter routines in here could really multiplex their return values
> > > with a negative error code, which I generally prefer, but this works I
> > > guess.
> > 
> > I was hoping someone would notice and suggest it.  tag you're it!
> 
> I meant we /could/ change them, but we could also leave them, it's a bit
> of a coin-flip which is better. Nathan might have an opinion?

I think I had some reason for doing it this way, but I'm drawing a
blank right now.

In the meantime, can someone post the warnings that gcc emits for
cacheinfo.c, as well as the gcc version?  I can't reproduce them with
4.3.2 on Fedora.