Subject: Re: [PATCH] [V5] Xilinx : Framebuffer Driver: Add PLB support and cleanup DCR

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:01:58 +0200

On Friday 17 April 2009, John Linn wrote:
> Added support for the new xps tft controller. The new core
> has PLB interface support in addition to existing DCR interface.
> 
> Removed platform device support as both MicroBlaze and PowerPC
> use device tree.

I just said in another email thread that we would need a CONFIG_DCR
option that DCR using drivers should depend on, if it ever happened
outside of powerpc.

Well, apparently this happened earlier than I expected.

Converting the driver to use the generic DCR interface
makes it possible to use in any system that provides this
interface, including those that use a hard CPU core with xilinx_fb
on an FPGA, so it makes sense to just change the dependency
in Kconfig and provide CONFIG_DCR in microblaze (unconditionally)
as well as in powerpc instead of the existing CONFIG_PPC_DCR.

	Arnd <><