Subject: [2.6.30-rc3] powerpc: compilation error of mace module

From: Rogério Brito <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 12:57:09 -0300

Hi there, people.

I am attempting to compile a new kernel for my OldWorld ppc box and I'm
having some problems. The first one that appears to happen is the following:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  CC [M]  drivers/net/mace.o
drivers/net/mace.c: In function ‘mace_probe’:
drivers/net/mace.c:210: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘open’
drivers/net/mace.c:211: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘stop’
drivers/net/mace.c:212: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘hard_start_xmit’
drivers/net/mace.c:213: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘set_multicast_list’
drivers/net/mace.c:214: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘set_mac_address’
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/mace.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/media/cross-compile/linux'
make: *** [debian/stamp/build/kernel] Error 2
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

-- 
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{mackenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito : http://meusite.mackenzie.com.br/rbrito
Projects: algorithms.berlios.de : lame.sf.net : vrms.alioth.debian.org