Subject: Re: mpc5200 fec error

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 19:57:06 +0200

> Yes, that sounds familiar.  Most likely, the value of the MDIO bus
> control register got clobbered and not reset when the FEC was reset.

I recall that I wondered about the RFIFO-error case back then. The manual states

===

Receive FIFO Error - indicates error occurred within the RX FIFO. When
RFIFO_ERROR bit is set, ECNTRL.ETHER_EN is cleared, halting FEC frame
processing. When this occurs, software must ensure both the FIFO Controller and
BestComm are soft-reset.

===

It does not say that the whole FEC needs to be reset. (BTW doing a full FEC
reset in IRQ context caused OOPSes back then, have to dig up details, as it
doesn't seem to happen here...)

Regards,

   Wolfram

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |