Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] uio: add an of_genirq driver

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 21:05:33 +0200

> Anyway, 0 is a valid IRQ number, so it cannot be used as "no irq".

May I point you to this thread?

http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/11/21/221

(The issue comes up once in a while as some archs still use NO_IRQ, some with
0 some with -1)

> > 	if (uioinfo->irq == NO_IRQ)
> > 		uioinfo->irq = UIO_IRQ_NONE;
> 
> Sorry for my ignorance, but what is NO_IRQ? If I do a
> 
> grep -r NO_IRQ include/
> 
> I get nothing.

Try a 'cd arch' before that :)

> Well, you claim it's a false positive. So far, you did not get any responses,
> AFAICS. I tend to agree with you, but I'd like to avoid patches that don't
> pass checkpatch.pl, whatever the reason. Either the false positive gets
> confirmed and fixed, or you should fix your patch.

Well, I assume that issues regarding checkpatch do not have the highest
priority (especially while the merge-window is open), which is understandable.
Fixing this bug (I take any bets that this is one ;)) might not be so trivial,
as modifying $Attributes can easily have lots of side-effects.

Now, all this does not matter much, as the objections Grant raised are valid
and there might be a totally different outcome to bind devices to UIO. But at
least, we have some code to discuss...

Regards,

   Wolfram

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |