Subject: Re: [PATCH V2 2/2] mtd/maps/mtd-ram: add an of-platform driver

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:20:05 +0200

> > Grant wondered if we need a bankwidth. IMHO it is needed for now, but I don't
> > know if this is a common agreement.
> 
> I'm not happy about the use case though.  It probably shouldn't appear
> in this binding, or if it does it should be tagged as an optional
> property.  It is only in the 5200 localplus case that bank-width is
> needed to figure out how to apply the workaround.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding here. I am not talking about Albrecht's case.
What I replied to your concern is that bankwidth is used(!) in the underlying
map-ram-driver in mapram_erase() at the moment. Whether this is really needed
could be discussed perhaps, but is beyond the scope of this patch series IMHO.
I'd think this can be addressed in a later series, if needed, although this
could mean that the binding will change (bank-width becoming optional).

Regards,

   Wolfram

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |