Subject: Re: ALSA fixes for non-coherent ppc32 again

From: "Gerhard Pircher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:42:24 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:55:54 +0200
> Von: "Gerhard Pircher" <[email-masked]>
> An: Takashi Iwai <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: ALSA fixes for non-coherent ppc32 again

> 
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Datum: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:12:35 +0200
> > Von: Takashi Iwai <[email-masked]>
> > An: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
> > CC: Gerhard Pircher <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> > Betreff: Re: ALSA fixes for non-coherent ppc32 again
> 
> > But, it'd be helpful if someone can test the patches above beforehand,
> > of course :)
> Okay, I checked out your test/dma-fix branch and reformatted your
> dma_mmap_coherent for powerpc patch (
> http://www.nabble.com/-PATCH-0-3--ALSA-fixes-for-non-coherent-ppc32-to17980027.html#a17980027 ) to
> adapt it for dma_mapping_ops (please take a look at the patch below).
> I also had to change "def_bool n" to "def_bool y" for SND_NONCOHERENT_DMA
> to actually enable it.
> 
> Unfortunately the build process stops with these error messages here
> (but compiles fine, if SND_COHERENT_DMA is not selected):
> 
>   CC [M]  sound/core/memalloc.o
>   CC [M]  sound/core/sgbuf.o
> sound/core/sgbuf.c: In function ‘snd_free_sgbuf_pages’:
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:46: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:47: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:48: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:50: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:51: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:52: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:56: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:57: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c: In function ‘snd_malloc_sgbuf_pages’:
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:78: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:81: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:82: error: implicit declaration of function
> ‘snd_sgbuf_aligned_pages’
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:83: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:84: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:84: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:87: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:88: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:91: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:103: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:107: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:112: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:113: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:115: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:116: error: increment of pointer to unknown structure
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:116: error: arithmetic on pointer to an incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:121: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:128: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:128: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> sound/core/sgbuf.c:132: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> 
> I also tried to compile it with the orginal dma_mmap_coherent for
> powerpc patch, but that doesn't make a difference.
> 
> As the next step I applied the reformatted dma_mmap_coherent patch and
> the following patches from your test/dma-fix branch to a 2.6.30-rc8
> branch:
> - ALSA: Remove old DMA-mmap code from arm/devdma.c
> - ALSA: Fix SG-buffer DMA with non-coherent architectures
> - ALSA: Fix mapping of DMA buffers
> 
> This one compiled fine, but ALSA didn't work. No kernel oops, just the
> sound of silence. :)
Okay, that's wrong. I somehow messed up the .config file. It doesn't
compile, too.

Gerhard

-- 
GRATIS für alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01