Subject: [PATCH 0/4 for 2.6.31] NET: Revive fixed link support

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 02:29:00 +0400

Hi all,

The fixed link support is broken since The Big OF MDIO Rework,
the rework simply removed most of the code that was needed for
fixed links.

Too bad I didn't notice this earlier, I saw a bunch of patches
on the ml, but unfortunately I didn't look very close presuming
that Grant knew what he was doing. :-) And obviously I didn't
test linux-next on anything that requires a fixed link.

Anyway, here are four patches. The first one adds the fixed link
support to a framework, otherwise we'd duplicate the code across
the drivers (as we did previously), and I tried to keep drivers'
changes minimal.

Patches 2 and 3 are for the drivers that I tested in run-time,
with normal PHYs, and fixed links.

Patch #4 was build-tested, but I believe it should work in
run-time too.

Thanks,

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2