Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Device table matching for SPI subsystem

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:03:45 +0400

Hi all,

This patch set implements standard device table matching mechanism
for SPI subsystem, the same device id tables as we use in I2C drivers.

I started this work because m25p80 driver misdetects non-JEDEC
chips when it is used on OpenFirmware platforms (cause we don't pass
platform_data). platform_data is overkill for m25p80 chips, the
driver only needs to know exact chip model, and that's what device
tables are for.

So the patches:

  [1/7] spi: Add support for device table matching
  [2/7] mtd: m25p80: Convert to device table matching
  [3/7] of: Remove "stm,m25p40" alias

The three patches above do real work. I tried to keep the 1/7 patch as
small as possible, and factor out the subsystem cleanups into other,
"cleanup" patches:

  [PATCH 4/7] spi: Prefix modalias with "spi:"
  [PATCH 5/7] spi: Merge probe and probe_id callbacks

These two patches I consider as cleanups, they should not introduce
any behavioural change, but they touch quite a lot of files.

  [PATCH 6/7] hwmon: adxx: Convert to device table matching
  [PATCH 7/7] hwmon: lm70: Convert to device table matching

These two are here because I couldn't stop. :-) Also cleanups.

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2