Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] Device table matching for SPI subsystem

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 04:39:57 +0400

Andrew,

This new patch set overwrites following patches:

  hwmon-lm70-convert-to-device-table-matching.patch
  hwmon-adxx-convert-to-device-table-matching.patch
  spi-merge-probe-and-probe_id-callbacks.patch
  spi-prefix-modalias-with-spi.patch
  of-remove-stmm25p40-alias.patch
  mtd-m25p80-convert-to-device-table-matching.patch
  spi-add-support-for-device-table-matching.patch

Changes since v1:

- Implemented Ben Dooks' idea of spi_get_device_id(), so we won't
  call spi_match_id() twice for drivers that don't need the id.

- "spi: Merge probe and probe_id callbacks" patch no longer needed
  as we don't change probe()'s arguments;

- Rename spi_device_id->data to driver_data, and turn it into
  kernel_ulong_t to match majority of subsystems. Most drivers
  don't need a pointer type anyway (e.g. m25p80 needs it, but
  lm70 and adcxx don't);

- SPI_NAME_SIZE now defined to 32 (as it should be, using 20
  for name size was a cut-n-paste typo from I2C defines).

Thanks!

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2