Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] mtd: m25p80: Add support for CAT25xxx serial EEPROMs

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:25:48 -0700

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:46:28 +0400
Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> CAT25 chips (as manufactured by On Semiconductor, previously Catalyst
> Semiconductor) are similar to the original M25Px0 chips, except:
> 
> - Address width can vary (1-2 bytes, in contrast to 3 bytes in M25P
>   chips). So, implement convenient m25p_addr2cmd() and m25p_cmdsz()
>   calls, and place address width information into flash_info struct;
> 
> - Page size can vary, therefore we shouldn't hardcode it, so get rid
>   of FLASH_PAGESIZE definition, and place the page size information
>   into flash_info struct;
> 
> - CAT25 EEPROMs don't need to be erased, so add NO_ERASE flag, and
>   propagate it to the mtd subsystem.

This patch (still) doesn't know about the mx25l3205d, mx25l12805d and
mx25l12855e devices.

I randomly did this:

->	{ "mx25l3205d", INFO(0xc22016, 0, 64 * 1024, 64, 256, 3, 0) },
->	{ "mx25l6405d", INFO(0xc22017, 0, 64 * 1024, 128, 256, 3, 0) },
	{ "mx25l12805d", INFO(0xc22018, 0, 64 * 1024, 256, 256, 3, 0) },
->	{ "mx25l12855e", INFO(0xc22618, 0, 64 * 1024, 256, 256, 3, 0) },