Subject: Re: [PATCH] perf_event, powerpc: Fix compilation after big perf_counter rename

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:42:01 +0200

* Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Ingo,
> 
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:25:55 +1000 Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Give me a day or two, I should be able to add a per-branch setting for
> > who to send mails to without too much trouble.
> 
> In the mean time I don't now if someone has pointed you at these today:
> 
> http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/12/

That's an upstream warning.

-tip supports fail-on-build-warnings build mode (for the whole kernel) 
via the CONFIG_ALLOW_WARNINGS .config setting. So if you do allnoconfig 
builds, make sure you turn on CONFIG_ALLOW_WARNINGS=y to get the same 
build behavior as with Linus's tree.

	Ingo