Subject: Re: [RFC] misc/at24: add experimental OF support for the generic eeprom driver

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 18:20:20 +0200

> I can submit that soon,  but it probably makes sense for Wolfram to
> voice whatever his concerns were about "questionable" properties before
> I document what's there.

Please don't feel offended. The things I noticed are:

a) no documentation

b) 'polarity' is a direct mapping to the register which IMO is a hint to look
closer. I haven't checked in detil, but maybe the active_low-flag could be used
for this?

I mainly got alarmed that properties were mainlined without being reviewed; as
the device-tree is based on convention (which is hard to change afterwards), I
try to make sure this will not so easily happen again (thus the
get_maintainer-patch on lkml).

Regards,

   Wolfram

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |