Subject: Re: i2c-powermac fails

From: Jean Delvare <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:49:23 +0200

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:26:15 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 23:02 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:49:48 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > > I2C bus being setup too fast sounds more likely. It might be worth
> > > adding an arbitrary delay after initialization, just to see if it
> > > helps. Not sure where though, as I'm not familiar with the Powermac
> > > initialization steps. Maybe right before i2c_add_adapter() in
> > > i2c_powermac_probe?
> > 
> > Tim, can you please give a try to this patch? Obviously your machine
> > will take 5 additional seconds to boot, and this isn't meant as a real
> > fix, but if it helps, this will be an interesting hint for further
> > debugging attempts.
> 
> Oh, I was actually thinking about the frequency of the I2C clock :-)

Oh. Well, if that was the case, we would see errors all the time, not
just during initialization, right? Or does the I2C clock frequency
change over time somehow?

-- 
Jean Delvare