Subject: Re: [PATCH] * mpc8313erdb.dts: Fixed eTSEC interrupt assignment.

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:27:28 -0500

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 02:19:30PM +0200, Richard Cochran wrote:
> >-----Original Message----- From: Scott Wood [mailto:[email-masked]]
> >Because that would be three times the device trees to maintain, and a
> >source of user confusion.
> 
> I wonder which is more confusing for the user:
> 
> 1. Choosing one of three dts files.

Possibly incorrectly.

> 2. Having only one dts for his board, but Ethernet doesn't work.

The point is to fix u-boot so that it *does* work with only one dts.  If
people not upgrading u-boot is your concern, we could put the fixup in the
Linux platform code instead.

And feel free to ask through official Freescale support channels why the
U-Boot that shipped on these boards does not have such a fixup (or why they
decided it was better to make late-rev 8313's interrupt assignments match
other 83xx than for all revs of the same part number to have the same
interrupt assignments).

-Scott