Subject: [v9 PATCH 0/9]: cpuidle: Cleanup cpuidle/ Introduce cpuidle to POWER.

From: Arun R Bharadwaj <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:08:50 +0530

Hi,

This patchset introduces cpuidle infrastructure to POWER, prototyping
for pSeries, and also does a major refactoring of current x86 idle
power management and a cleanup of cpuidle infrastructure.

This patch series has been in discussion for quite a while now and
below are the links to the previous discussions.

Hopefully, this is ready to be included in the -tip tree.

v8 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/10/8/82
v7 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/10/6/278
v6 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/22/180
v5 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/22/26
v4 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/1/133
v3 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/8/27/124
v2 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/8/26/233
v1 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/8/19/150

Changes in this version:
----------------------------------------
        *Added documentation for the new design regarding registration
        of idle routines in Documentation/cpuidle/core.txt

        *Platforms which do not want the code bloat of cpuidle can
        disable CONFIG_CPU_IDLE. Alternate definition of
        cpuidle_idle_call is provided which would call the appropriate
        idle routine provided by the arch without the overhead of
        registration and governors.
        (Thanks to Andi for raising this isuue)

        *I had missed a cpuidle_kick_cpus() in
        cpuidle_pause_and_lock() which is called from the hotplug
        path. So added that and tested this patchset by subjecting it
        to cpuhotplug torture.
        (Thanks to Balbir for noticing this)

--arun