Subject: [PATCH 5/6] powerpc: Disable HCALL_STATS by default

From: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:51:57 +1100

The overhead of HCALL_STATS is quite high and the functionality is very
rarely used. Key statistics are also missing (eg min/max).

With the new hcall tracepoints much more powerful tracing can be done in
a kernel module. Lets disable this by default.

Signed-off-by: Anton Blanchard <[email-masked]>
---

Index: linux.trees.git/arch/powerpc/configs/pseries_defconfig
===================================================================
--- linux.trees.git.orig/arch/powerpc/configs/pseries_defconfig	2009-10-27 14:56:58.000000000 +1100
+++ linux.trees.git/arch/powerpc/configs/pseries_defconfig	2009-10-27 14:57:11.000000000 +1100
@@ -1683,7 +1683,7 @@ CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_KGDB=y
 CONFIG_DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW=y
 # CONFIG_DEBUG_STACK_USAGE is not set
 # CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is not set
-CONFIG_HCALL_STATS=y
+# CONFIG_HCALL_STATS is not set
 # CONFIG_CODE_PATCHING_SELFTEST is not set
 # CONFIG_FTR_FIXUP_SELFTEST is not set
 # CONFIG_MSI_BITMAP_SELFTEST is not set