Subject: Re: mpc512x/clock: fix clk_get logic

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:01:31 +0100

Hello Ben,

> Have you considered switching to my proposed device-tree based clock
> reprentation ?

You mean this one?

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/31551/

Sorry, I have missed it up to now :(

While I think (after one glimpse) this moves things into the right direction,
my priority at the moment is to get the mscan driver working on 512x (and then
to mainline). For that, I needed the patch I posted. I hope I can have another
look at your proposal later on, it looks really worth it.

Until then I'd propose to consider this patch as it fixes a bug in clock
assignment. But I leave the final decision to you maintainers, of course.

Regards,

   Wolfram

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Wolfram Sang                |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |