Subject: [v10 PATCH 0/9] cpuidle: cleanup cpuidle/ introduce cpuidle to POWER

From: Arun R Bharadwaj <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:24:27 +0530

Hi,

This patchset introduces cpuidle infrastructure to POWER, prototyping
for pSeries, and also does a major refactoring of current x86 idle
power management and a cleanup of cpuidle infrastructure.

This patch series has been in discussion for quite a while now and
below are the links to the previous discussions.

Please consider this for inclusion into the -tip tree.

v9 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/10/16/63
v8 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/10/8/82
v7 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/10/6/278
v6 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/22/180
v5 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/22/26
v4 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/9/1/133
v3 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/8/27/124
v2 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/8/26/233
v1 --> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/8/19/150

Change in this version:

        Pavel noticed that the code which calls the cpuidle's idle
        loop was repeated at many places. So this set optimizes it so
        that we dont have repetition of code. The rest of the patches
        are same as the earlier iteration.

arun