Subject: [PATCH] powerpc: Add DMA mask to MPSC serial and network and UART device to serial

From: Corey Minyard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 18:04:07 -0600

From: Corey Minyard <[email-masked]>

The MPSC drivers that use DMA need to set coherent_dma_mask to allow
dma_alloc_xxx routines to work properly.  Also, the mpsc serial driver
needed to set pi->port.dev to register properly.  With these fixes,
the MPSC drivers seem to work again.

Signed-off-by: Corey Minyard <[email-masked]>
---
I'm not really sure about where to set the coherent_dma_mask, it seems
like a more general place would be better but I couldn't find it.

Without these, the console stops working after the switchover and
the network driver fails to allocate buffers.  With these, my board
boots up and works fine.

Index: linux-2.6.31/drivers/serial/mpsc.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.31.orig/drivers/serial/mpsc.c
+++ linux-2.6.31/drivers/serial/mpsc.c
@@ -2071,6 +2071,9 @@ static int mpsc_drv_probe(struct platfor
 		if (!(rc = mpsc_drv_map_regs(pi, dev))) {
 			mpsc_drv_get_platform_data(pi, dev, dev->id);
 
+			dev->dev.coherent_dma_mask = DMA_BIT_MASK(32);
+			pi->port.dev = &dev->dev;
+
 			if (!(rc = mpsc_make_ready(pi))) {
 				spin_lock_init(&pi->tx_lock);
 				if (!(rc = uart_add_one_port(&mpsc_reg,
Index: linux-2.6.31/drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.31.orig/drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.c
+++ linux-2.6.31/drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.c
@@ -2916,7 +2916,7 @@ static int mv643xx_eth_probe(struct plat
 	mp->shared = platform_get_drvdata(pd->shared);
 	mp->base = mp->shared->base + 0x0400 + (pd->port_number << 10);
 	mp->port_num = pd->port_number;
-
+	pdev->dev.coherent_dma_mask = DMA_BIT_MASK(32);
 	mp->dev = dev;
 
 	set_params(mp, pd);