Subject: [PATCH 1/2] perf_event: Build callchain code regardless of hardware event support.

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:04:33 -0600

It's also useful for software events, as well as future support for
other types of hardware counters.

Signed-off-by: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile |    3 ++-
 1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile b/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
index c002b04..93fd162 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
@@ -98,7 +98,8 @@ obj64-$(CONFIG_AUDIT)		+= compat_audit.o
 
 obj-$(CONFIG_DYNAMIC_FTRACE)	+= ftrace.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_FUNCTION_GRAPH_TRACER)	+= ftrace.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_PERF_CTRS)	+= perf_event.o perf_callchain.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS)	+= perf_callchain.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_PERF_CTRS)	+= perf_event.o
 obj64-$(CONFIG_PPC_PERF_CTRS)	+= power4-pmu.o ppc970-pmu.o power5-pmu.o \
 				   power5+-pmu.o power6-pmu.o power7-pmu.o
 obj32-$(CONFIG_PPC_PERF_CTRS)	+= mpc7450-pmu.o
-- 
1.6.4.4