Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] 8xx: Optimize TLB Miss code.

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 13:16:56 +0100

Dear Heiko,

thanks for running the tests.

In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> 
> here the results:
> 
> run	version
> 
> 1-4	2.6.33-rc6 without your patches
> 5-8	2.6.33-rc6 with all your patches
> 9-12	2.6.33-rc6 with patches 1,2 and 4 (without 8xx: Don't touch ACCESSED when no SWAP)
> 13-16	2.6.33-rc6 with all your patches and CONFIG_PIN_TLB=y

So CONFIG_PIN_TLB imroves the performance as expected, while the other
patches don;t show any measurable improvememt - or am I reading the
results incorrectly?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- 
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
And now remains  That we find out the cause of this effect, Or rather
say, the cause of this defect...           -- Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2