Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] powerpc: Add hibernation support for FSL BookE processors

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:40:10 +0400

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 03:05:08PM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> Kumar Gala wrote:
> >On Apr 15, 2010, at 1:45 PM, Anton Vorontsov wrote:
> >>Kumar,
> >>
> >>According to patchwork, this is now delegated to you. Do you
> >>have any objections to merge this?
> >
> >Would like Scott's Ack.
> 
> I think we need to save IACn, DACn, DBCRn,

Does the kernel actually need these registers? I mean, they're
saved per thread anyway.

> PID0,

Kernel clears it early at boot, why would we save it?

> and USPRG0.

Currently this isn't used at all.

> Might want to also save TLB1 contents, and maybe things like HIDn,
> cache registers, etc. -- I don't think they're changeable post-boot
> currently, but it'd be good to avoid surprises if that were to
> change.

Hm. I don't really like the idea of doing things 'just in case',
it just adds a code which functionality isn't tested, and which
we will might never actually need.

Thanks,

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2