Subject: Re: PPC64 2.6.34-rc6 warning - Is this expected ?

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:40:34 +1000

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 05:20:51PM +0530, Subrata Modak wrote:

> I built 2.6.34-rc6 with the attached Fedora Config file
> (config-2.6.33.1-19.fc13.ppc64) on my P5 Fedora Box and got the
> following warning. Is the following expected ?
> 
> CALL    arch/powerpc/relocs_check.pl
> Building modules, stage 2.
> WARNING: 4 bad relocations
> c00000000007216e R_PPC64_ADDR16_HIGHEST  __ksymtab+0x00000000009dcec8
> c000000000072172 R_PPC64_ADDR16_HIGHER  __ksymtab+0x00000000009dcec8
> c00000000007217a R_PPC64_ADDR16_HI  __ksymtab+0x00000000009dcec8
> c00000000007217e R_PPC64_ADDR16_LO  __ksymtab+0x00000000009dcec8

No, it's not expected.  It's in iSeries code, so you could avoid it
just by disabling CONFIG_ISERIES (I don't think any distro still
supports legacy iSeries).  I'll post a patch to fix the problem
properly.

Paul.