Subject: BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper/0/0x00000002

From: "Paul E. McKenney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:52:29 -0700

Hello!

I get the following during boot on a 16 CPU Power box.  Thoughts?
(/proc/config attached)

							Thanx, Paul

UDP hash table entries: 2048 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
UDP-Lite hash table entries: 2048 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
NET: Registered protocol family 1
RPC: Registered udp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...
Freeing initrd memory: 2455k freed
BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper/0/0x00000002
no locks held by swapper/0.
Modules linked in:
Call Trace:
[c00000008e1afc20] [c000000000011990] .show_stack+0x70/0x184 (unreliable)
[c00000008e1afcd0] [c00000000005cb60] .__schedule_bug+0xac/0xd0
[c00000008e1afd70] [c0000000005f0c34] .schedule+0xc0/0x894
[c00000008e1afe40] [c0000000000142d0] .cpu_idle+0x1f8/0x20c
[c00000008e1afed0] [c000000000600b08] .start_secondary+0x3bc/0x3fc
[c00000008e1aff90] [c000000000008264] .start_secondary_prolog+0x10/0x14
BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper/0/0x00000002
no locks held by swapper/0.
Modules linked in:
Call Trace:
[c00000008e1afc20] [c000000000011990] .show_stack+0x70/0x184 (unreliable)
[c00000008e1afcd0] [c00000000005cb60] .__schedule_bug+0xac/0xd0
[c00000008e1afd70] [c0000000005f0c34] .schedule+0xc0/0x894
[c00000008e1afe40] [c0000000000142d0] .cpu_idle+0x1f8/0x20c
[c00000008e1afed0] [c000000000600b08] .start_secondary+0x3bc/0x3fc
[c00000008e1aff90] [c000000000008264] .start_secondary_prolog+0x10/0x14
BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper/0/0x00000002
no locks held by swapper/0.
Modules linked in:
Call Trace:
[c00000008e1afc20] [c000000000011990] .show_stack+0x70/0x184 (unreliable)
[c00000008e1afcd0] [c00000000005cb60] .__schedule_bug+0xac/0xd0
[c00000008e1afd70] [c0000000005f0c34] .schedule+0xc0/0x894
[c00000008e1afe40] [c0000000000142d0] .cpu_idle+0x1f8/0x20c
[c00000008e1afed0] [c000000000600b08] .start_secondary+0x3bc/0x3fc
[c00000008e1aff90] [c000000000008264] .start_secondary_prolog+0x10/0x14
BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper/0/0x00000002
no locks held by swapper/0.
Modules linked in:
Call Trace:
[c00000008e1afc20] [c000000000011990] .show_stack+0x70/0x184 (unreliable)
[c00000008e1afcd0] [c00000000005cb60] .__schedule_bug+0xac/0xd0
[c00000008e1afd70] [c0000000005f0c34] .schedule+0xc0/0x894
[c00000008e1afe40] [c0000000000142d0] .cpu_idle+0x1f8/0x20c
[c00000008e1afed0] [c000000000600b08] .start_secondary+0x3bc/0x3fc
[c00000008e1aff90] [c000000000008264] .start_secondary_prolog+0x10/0x14
audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)
type=2000 audit(1276043741.388:1): initialized
BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper/0/0x00000002
no locks held by swapper/0.
Modules linked in:
Call Trace:
[c00000008e1afc20] [c000000000011990] .show_stack+0x70/0x184 (unreliable)
[c00000008e1afcd0] [c00000000005cb60] .__schedule_bug+0xac/0xd0
[c00000008e1afd70] [c0000000005f0c34] .schedule+0xc0/0x894
[c00000008e1afe40] [c0000000000142d0] .cpu_idle+0x1f8/0x20c
[c00000008e1afed0] [c000000000600b08] .start_secondary+0x3bc/0x3fc
[c00000008e1aff90] [c000000000008264] .start_secondary_prolog+0x10/0x14
BUG: scheduling while atomic: swapper/0/0x00000002
no locks held by swapper/0.
Modules linked in: