Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] Generalize OF gpio support code

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 23:40:41 -0600

This series makes all gpio drivers usable from the OF support apis by
automatically registering a default OF translator when the of_node
pointer is assigned.  These patches are heavily based on the work that
Anton did earlier, but I didn't add the notifiers infrastructure and
the OF data now lives directly inside the core gpio_chip structure so
that fewer gymnastics are needed to get at it.

These patches are currently sitting in the following branch:

git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6 next-devicetree

---

Anton Vorontsov (3):
      gpiolib: cosmetic improvements for error handling in gpiochip_add()
      of/gpio: Kill of_gpio_chip and add members directly to gpio_chip
      of/gpio: add default of_xlate function if device has a node pointer

Grant Likely (2):
      of/gpio: stop using device_node data pointer to find gpio_chip
      of/device: Add OF style matching helper function

 arch/microblaze/kernel/reset.c                 |   12 ++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/mpc52xx_gpio.c     |   30 ++++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/mpc52xx_gpt.c      |   29 ++++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/mcu_mpc8349emitx.c |   34 ++-------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/86xx/gef_gpio.c         |   24 +++----
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/cpm1.c                     |   10 +--
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/cpm_common.c               |    5 -
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/mpc8xxx_gpio.c             |    5 -
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/ppc4xx_gpio.c              |    5 -
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/qe_lib/gpio.c              |   31 ++++-----
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/simple_gpio.c              |    5 -
 drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c                         |   55 ++++++++++++++-
 drivers/gpio/xilinx_gpio.c                     |   15 ++--
 drivers/of/device.c                            |    2 -
 drivers/of/gpio.c                              |   86 +++++++++++++++---------
 include/asm-generic/gpio.h                     |   15 ++++
 include/linux/of_device.h                      |   19 +++++
 include/linux/of_gpio.h                        |   35 +++-------
 18 files changed, 226 insertions(+), 191 deletions(-)