Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Replace reference to of_device with platform_device in arch and drivers/of/* code

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:30:01 -0600

This series removes a lot of references to struct of_device which is
just a #define alias to struct platform_device.  It also replaces usage
of to_of_device() with to_platform_device().  There shouldn't be anything
risky or earth shattering here.  Certainly no functional changes.  I'll
be putting it into my experimental branch for compile testing on multiple
architectures before pushing it out to linux-next next week.

Similar patches to change over drivers/* will come later.

g.

---

Grant Likely (4):
      of/device: Replace of_device with platform_device in includes and core code
      powerpc: remove references to of_device and to_of_device
      sparc: remove references to of_device and to_of_device
      microblaze: remove references to of_device and to_of_device

 arch/microblaze/kernel/of_platform.c          |    6 +++---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/macio.h              |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c                 |    8 ++++----
 arch/powerpc/kernel/of_platform.c             |    8 ++++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/512x/clock.c           |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/mpc52xx_gpio.c    |    6 +++---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/mpc52xx_gpt.c     |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/mpc52xx_lpbfifo.c |    6 +++---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/ep8248e.c         |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/suspend.c         |    6 +++---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/axon_msi.c        |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pasemi/gpio_mdio.c     |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c                 |   12 ++++++------
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/bestcomm/bestcomm.c       |    7 +++----
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_msi.c                 |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_pmc.c                 |    3 ++-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_rio.c                 |    4 ++--
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/pmi.c                     |    6 +++---
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/qe_lib/qe.c               |    5 +++--
 arch/sparc/include/asm/floppy_64.h            |    6 +++---
 arch/sparc/include/asm/parport.h              |    4 ++--
 arch/sparc/include/asm/prom.h                 |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/apc.c                       |    4 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/auxio_64.c                  |    3 ++-
 arch/sparc/kernel/central.c                   |    4 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/chmc.c                      |   12 ++++++------
 arch/sparc/kernel/ioport.c                    |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/of_device_32.c              |   14 +++++++-------
 arch/sparc/kernel/of_device_64.c              |   16 ++++++++--------
 arch/sparc/kernel/of_device_common.c          |   14 +++++++-------
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c                       |    4 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci_fire.c                  |    4 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci_impl.h                  |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci_psycho.c                |    6 +++---
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci_sabre.c                 |    6 +++---
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci_schizo.c                |   10 +++++-----
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci_sun4v.c                 |    4 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/pmc.c                       |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/power.c                     |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/prom_irqtrans.c             |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/psycho_common.c             |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/psycho_common.h             |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/sbus.c                      |   16 ++++++++--------
 arch/sparc/kernel/time_32.c                   |    2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/time_64.c                   |    6 +++---
 arch/sparc/mm/io-unit.c                       |    4 ++--
 arch/sparc/mm/iommu.c                         |    4 ++--
 drivers/of/device.c                           |   22 +++++++++++-----------
 drivers/of/platform.c                         |   24 ++++++++++++------------
 include/linux/of_device.h                     |   10 +++++-----
 include/linux/of_platform.h                   |   16 ++++++++--------
 51 files changed, 167 insertions(+), 165 deletions(-)