Subject: [PATCH] of/device: Replace struct of_device with struct of_platform

From: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 01:57:38 -0600

of_device is just an alias for platform_device, so remove it entirely.  Also
replace to_of_device() with to_platform_device().

This patch was initially generated from the following semantic patch, and then
edited by hand to pick up the bits that coccinelle didn't catch.

@@
@@
-struct of_device
+struct platform_device

Signed-off-by: Grant Likely <[email-masked]>
---

This patch is *huge*, so rather than posting it and having lists barf at me, I've pushed it out to my git tree.  You can view the branch[1] and the diff[2].

[1] http://git.secretlab.ca/?p=linux-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/devicetree/of-device-rename
[2] http://git.secretlab.ca/?p=linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=48465300aab074396bdbad54b4fa01c793e5c987;hp=7fb8f881c54beb05dd4d2c947dada1c636581d87

It is a very mechanical change, only replaces of_device references with platform_device.  I won't push it into linux-next right away because it's sure to cause a truckload of conflicts.  Instead, I'll wait until the merge window settles down, spin it again with all the new driver changes, repost and ask Linus to pull.

If anyone has any problems with this plan, then please let me know.

Cheers,
g.

 drivers/ata/pata_mpc52xx.c                    |    8 ++---
 drivers/ata/pata_of_platform.c                |    4 +-
 drivers/ata/sata_fsl.c                        |    8 ++---
 drivers/atm/fore200e.c                        |   26 +++++++--------
 drivers/block/xsysace.c                       |    4 +-
 drivers/char/hw_random/n2-drv.c               |    4 +-
 drivers/char/hw_random/n2rng.h                |    2 +
 drivers/char/hw_random/pasemi-rng.c           |    4 +-
 drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_si_intf.c              |    4 +-
 drivers/char/rtc.c                            |    2 +
 drivers/char/xilinx_hwicap/xilinx_hwicap.c    |    4 +-
 drivers/crypto/amcc/crypto4xx_core.c          |    4 +-
 drivers/crypto/amcc/crypto4xx_core.h          |    2 +
 drivers/crypto/n2_core.c                      |   20 ++++++-----
 drivers/crypto/talitos.c                      |    6 ++-
 drivers/dma/fsldma.c                          |    4 +-
 drivers/dma/mpc512x_dma.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/dma/ppc4xx/adma.c                     |    8 ++---
 drivers/edac/mpc85xx_edac.c                   |   12 +++----
 drivers/edac/ppc4xx_edac.c                    |   12 +++----
 drivers/hwmon/ams/ams.h                       |    2 +
 drivers/hwmon/ultra45_env.c                   |    4 +-
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-cpm.c                  |    8 ++---
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-ibm_iic.c              |    6 ++-
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mpc.c                  |    4 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_classes.h     |    2 +
 drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_main.c        |    4 +-
 drivers/input/misc/sparcspkr.c                |   10 +++---
 drivers/input/serio/i8042-sparcio.h           |    8 ++---
 drivers/input/serio/xilinx_ps2.c              |    4 +-
 drivers/leds/leds-gpio.c                      |    4 +-
 drivers/macintosh/macio_sysfs.c               |    6 ++-
 drivers/macintosh/smu.c                       |    6 ++-
 drivers/macintosh/therm_adt746x.c             |    2 +
 drivers/macintosh/therm_pm72.c                |    6 ++-
 drivers/macintosh/therm_windtunnel.c          |    6 ++-
 drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-core.c              |    8 ++---
 drivers/mtd/maps/physmap_of.c                 |    8 ++---
 drivers/mtd/maps/sun_uflash.c                 |    6 ++-
 drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_elbc_nand.c              |    4 +-
 drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_upm.c                    |    4 +-
 drivers/mtd/nand/mpc5121_nfc.c                |    4 +-
 drivers/mtd/nand/ndfc.c                       |    6 ++-
 drivers/mtd/nand/pasemi_nand.c                |    4 +-
 drivers/mtd/nand/socrates_nand.c              |    4 +-
 drivers/net/can/mscan/mpc5xxx_can.c           |   18 +++++-----
 drivers/net/can/sja1000/sja1000_of_platform.c |    4 +-
 drivers/net/ehea/ehea.h                       |    4 +-
 drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c                  |   12 +++----
 drivers/net/fec_mpc52xx.c                     |    8 ++---
 drivers/net/fec_mpc52xx_phy.c                 |    4 +-
 drivers/net/fs_enet/fs_enet-main.c            |    4 +-
 drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c                 |    2 +
 drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fec.c                 |    2 +
 drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-scc.c                 |    2 +
 drivers/net/fs_enet/mii-bitbang.c             |    4 +-
 drivers/net/fs_enet/mii-fec.c                 |    4 +-
 drivers/net/fsl_pq_mdio.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/net/gianfar.c                         |   10 +++---
 drivers/net/gianfar.h                         |    2 +
 drivers/net/greth.c                           |    4 +-
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.c                |    6 ++-
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/core.h                |   12 +++----
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/mal.c                 |    4 +-
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/mal.h                 |    2 +
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/rgmii.c               |   18 +++++-----
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/rgmii.h               |   16 +++++----
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/tah.c                 |   14 ++++----
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/tah.h                 |   12 +++----
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/zmii.c                |   18 +++++-----
 drivers/net/ibm_newemac/zmii.h                |   16 +++++----
 drivers/net/ll_temac_main.c                   |    8 ++---
 drivers/net/myri_sbus.c                       |    4 +-
 drivers/net/myri_sbus.h                       |    2 +
 drivers/net/niu.c                             |    8 ++---
 drivers/net/phy/mdio-gpio.c                   |    4 +-
 drivers/net/sunbmac.c                         |   18 +++++-----
 drivers/net/sunbmac.h                         |    4 +-
 drivers/net/sunhme.c                          |   22 ++++++-------
 drivers/net/sunlance.c                        |   20 ++++++-----
 drivers/net/sunqe.c                           |   16 +++++----
 drivers/net/sunqe.h                           |    4 +-
 drivers/net/ucc_geth.c                        |    8 ++---
 drivers/net/xilinx_emaclite.c                 |    6 ++-
 drivers/parport/parport_sunbpp.c              |    4 +-
 drivers/pcmcia/electra_cf.c                   |    6 ++-
 drivers/pcmcia/m8xx_pcmcia.c                  |    4 +-
 drivers/rtc/rtc-mpc5121.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/sbus/char/bbc_envctrl.c               |    6 ++-
 drivers/sbus/char/bbc_i2c.c                   |   18 +++++-----
 drivers/sbus/char/bbc_i2c.h                   |   10 +++---
 drivers/sbus/char/display7seg.c               |    4 +-
 drivers/sbus/char/envctrl.c                   |    4 +-
 drivers/sbus/char/flash.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/sbus/char/uctrl.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/scsi/qlogicpti.c                      |   14 ++++----
 drivers/scsi/qlogicpti.h                      |    2 +
 drivers/scsi/sun_esp.c                        |   44 +++++++++++++------------
 drivers/serial/apbuart.c                      |    2 +
 drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_core.c       |    4 +-
 drivers/serial/mpc52xx_uart.c                 |    8 ++---
 drivers/serial/nwpserial.c                    |    2 +
 drivers/serial/of_serial.c                    |    6 ++-
 drivers/serial/sunhv.c                        |    4 +-
 drivers/serial/sunsab.c                       |    8 ++---
 drivers/serial/sunsu.c                        |    8 ++---
 drivers/serial/sunzilog.c                     |    6 ++-
 drivers/serial/uartlite.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/serial/ucc_uart.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/spi/mpc512x_psc_spi.c                 |    4 +-
 drivers/spi/mpc52xx_psc_spi.c                 |    4 +-
 drivers/spi/mpc52xx_spi.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/spi/spi_mpc8xxx.c                     |    4 +-
 drivers/spi/spi_ppc4xx.c                      |    4 +-
 drivers/spi/xilinx_spi_of.c                   |    6 ++-
 drivers/usb/gadget/fsl_qe_udc.c               |   10 +++---
 drivers/usb/host/ehci-ppc-of.c                |    6 ++-
 drivers/usb/host/ehci-xilinx-of.c             |    6 ++-
 drivers/usb/host/fhci-hcd.c                   |    4 +-
 drivers/usb/host/isp1760-if.c                 |    4 +-
 drivers/usb/host/ohci-ppc-of.c                |    6 ++-
 drivers/video/bw2.c                           |    4 +-
 drivers/video/cg14.c                          |    6 ++-
 drivers/video/cg3.c                           |    4 +-
 drivers/video/cg6.c                           |    6 ++-
 drivers/video/ffb.c                           |    4 +-
 drivers/video/fsl-diu-fb.c                    |    8 ++---
 drivers/video/leo.c                           |    6 ++-
 drivers/video/mb862xx/mb862xxfb.c             |    4 +-
 drivers/video/p9100.c                         |    4 +-
 drivers/video/platinumfb.c                    |    4 +-
 drivers/video/sunxvr1000.c                    |    4 +-
 drivers/video/tcx.c                           |    6 ++-
 drivers/video/xilinxfb.c                      |    4 +-
 drivers/watchdog/cpwd.c                       |    4 +-
 drivers/watchdog/gef_wdt.c                    |    2 +
 drivers/watchdog/mpc8xxx_wdt.c                |    4 +-
 drivers/watchdog/riowd.c                      |    4 +-
 include/linux/of_device.h                     |    3 --
 sound/aoa/soundbus/core.c                     |    2 +
 sound/aoa/soundbus/soundbus.h                 |    2 +
 sound/aoa/soundbus/sysfs.c                    |    2 +
 sound/soc/fsl/mpc5200_dma.c                   |    4 +-
 sound/soc/fsl/mpc5200_dma.h                   |    4 +-
 sound/soc/fsl/mpc5200_psc_ac97.c              |    4 +-
 sound/soc/fsl/mpc5200_psc_i2s.c               |    4 +-
 sound/soc/fsl/mpc8610_hpcd.c                  |    4 +-
 sound/sparc/amd7930.c                         |    8 ++---
 sound/sparc/cs4231.c                          |   18 +++++-----
 sound/sparc/dbri.c                            |    8 ++---
 150 files changed, 493 insertions(+), 496 deletions(-)