Subject: Re: Issues to access Compact Flash Card on MPC8360E

From: Anton Vorontsov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 17:48:57 +0400

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 06:08:14PM +0530, Atul Deshmukh wrote:
[...]
> 2: To access CF card in True IDE mode we have to use
> "linux-kernel-source/drivers/ata/pata_platform.c" and
> "linux-kernel-source/drivers/ata/libata-sff.c".....I'm going right??

CF IDE support was already implemented for MPC8349EmITX boards
with a bit of help from UPM (User-Programmable Machine), so
you can do the same for MPC8360.

UPM is programmed in U-Boot, u-boot/include/configs/MPC8349ITX.h
(CONFIG_SYS_BR3_PRELIM stuff), and
u-boot/board/freescale/mpc8349itx/mpc8349itx.c (UPMATable).

For linux part, see arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc8349emitx.dts (pata
node), and drivers/ata/pata_of_platform.c.

For HW side, you can find MPC8349EmITX schematics on Freescale
site (last time I checked, no registration was required).

-- 
Anton Vorontsov
email: [email-masked]
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2