Subject: Re: [PATCH 15/15] ppc/vio: ensure dma_coherent_mask is set

From: Nishanth Aravamudan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:44:56 -0700

On 15.09.2010 [12:37:58 -0600], Grant Likely wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Nishanth Aravamudan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Without this change drivers, such as ibmvscsi, fail to load with the
> > previous change.
> 
> Shouldn't this patch be ordered before the previous change then to
> preserve bisectability?

You are probably right. I wasn't sure if I should fold it in or keep it
separate. I should have changed the order, though. Sorry about that!

> Also, patch descriptions should be explicit about what the "previous
> change" refers to.  Once this is committed, git log may very well
> insert other changes from other branches between this commit and
> whatever "previous change" refers to.

Yep -- what's the best way to make the reference? By subject from the
patch? Obviously I don't have the SHA1 with which the commit will go
upstream.

Thanks,
Nish

-- 
Nishanth Aravamudan <[email-masked]>
IBM Linux Technology Center